Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Festivities ~ Christmas lights!

I had a wonderful Christmas holiday! It was such a treat to just spend time talking, laughing, playing games and also relaxing with those who God has so graciously put into my life.

This Christmas, I was amazed and humbled as I meditated on God becoming man. He didn't just come to earth as a king whom everyone knew and worshipped, He came as a tiny baby who needed to be cared for in every way. This amazed me as I cared for my own little guys, realizing that He humbled himself to be fed, changed and bathed by mere humans when He was fully God! How incredible, but I am eternally thankful for God sending Jesus, because I now have a Savior that I so desperately need!

One of our favorite Christmas traditions is going to see the Christmas lights around our area. We begin the night by getting into our pj's and slippers before hopping into the van for the drive.

All set! Everyone is excited and knows what the night entails...except Creedon. It seems like he isn't even too interested in his bottle!

This house was AMAZING! I guess many others wanted to see it too, so we had to park and walk to the house. It was freezing but worth it. It is hard to tell, but there were moving life-like displays in each window. The one thing I kept thinking was, "Where do they store all of this stuff!"


These trees were beautiful. After we saw these trees with every branch wrapped in lights, every other house's trees didn't even compare!

After seeing the lights, the boys wanted to stop at a park to swing and play on the playground. We did...well, I sat in the van with Creedon while Tim, Scott, and the boys froze playing at the park for a few minutes. My pics didn't turn out from that experience. The boys said they wanted to make that part of our tradition (so that means we better wear coats and hats next time we go when it is 19 degrees out!).

The next stop was to warm up with some hot chocolate and coffee at Caribou and play a little "Pass the Pigs".

As you can see, Caedmon really enjoyed his hot chocolate!

3 comments:

Donny and Brandy said...

Great blog M, great pics, great writing.cya soon.

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing

Rebecca said...

Mary Ellen-

Yeay! I am SO glad you are doing a blog. I think of you often, and you continue to inspire me with your family and personal example...only wish we lived closer!

Love,
Rebecca